We’ve all experienced the dreaded ‘Your account has been banned’ message while innocently scrolling through our Tiktok feeds. If you’ve ever had your Tiktok account banned, you understand how inconvenient it can be.
But don’t worry, there is a way to regain access to your account. Follow these steps to reactivate your Tiktok account:
Step 1: Open the notification showing that your Tiktok account has been banned.
Step 2: Tap “Appeal” and strictly follow the given instructions.
Step 3: Submit your Appeal.
Step 4: Wait for the Tiktok team to respond. This may take a while, approximately 2-3 hours.
This is the easiest way to get your account back after being banned.
Besides, you may be banned due to age issues. To get your account back, in this case, provide the government ID proof that shows your right age. You will quickly get your account running without straining by showing this proof.
How to Get My Banned Tiktok Account Back Using the Tiktok App
You can use your Tiktok app to get your banned account back using the following guide:
1. Open the Tiktok app on your device and tap the profile icon at the bottom part of your screen.
2. Click on the 3-line icon and select Settings and Privacy.
3. Tap on “Report a Problem” and choose the account issue option.
4. Add an email and briefly state your issue concerning the banned account.
5. Submit your issue and wait for Tiktok’s response.
Be patient enough since it takes a few hours to restore your account.
Another option for regaining access to your banned Tiktok account is to use the Tiktok feedback form. Fill out the feedback form with your email address, a brief description, and an optional attachment, then submit. This feedback form is usually quick, and you’ll have your Tiktok account back in no time.
Lastly, you can get your banned Tiktok account back by emailing Tiktok directly using this email email@example.com. When emailing Tiktok, always be brief and polite to make it easier for the Tiktok team to identify your issue and immediately help you out.
Why is My Tiktok Account Banned?
Your Tiktok account may be banned for the following eight reasons:
1. Sharing Sexual Explicit Content
Posting sexual content or nudity on your Tiktok account will get you banned. This content violates the Tiktok community guidelines; thus, you may be completely banned from using your Tiktok account.
2. Repeated Reporting of Your Account
If Tiktok users constantly report your account, your account will be banned. Perhaps your actions made users report you, or maybe they were reporting you to bring you down.
3. Lack of Your Age Proof
Tiktok protects every user and has a specific minimum age for having an account on Tiktok. Failure to provide a government ID, which proves your age and nationality, can lead to your account being banned.
4. Blackmail Threats
A blackmail threat is a violation of Tiktok rules. Also, sharing content that threatens users by releasing their personal information can lead to the banning of your account. Avoid blackmail threats to maintain your account.
Sharing content that promotes fake engagement, like buying and selling fake followers, views, and likes, may lead to banning your Tiktok account as this violates Tiktok Community Guidelines.
6. Uploading Content that Threatens Public Safety
Sharing content that glorifies violence with the public may permanently lead to the closure of your Tiktok account. It is our duty to advocate peace and not violence.
7. Sharing Content that Glorifies Self Harm
Content that promotes suicide, self-injury, and eating disorders is not allowed on Tiktok. Many people may lose their lives due to the Tiktok influence. Avoid such content if you want to keep your Tiktok account in good shape.
8. Sharing Content that Promotes Illegal Activities
Posts depicting acts of physical harm, human exploitation, poaching, drug trafficking, and breaking other laws are prohibited on Tiktok. An attempt to post such videos will lead to an immediate ban.
How to Keep My Tiktok Account Safe
The security of your Tiktok account is highly important to avoid inconveniences in the future. Below are three things that you should do to keep your account safe:
- Link a phone number and an email address to your Tiktok account. This process ensures you have successful sign-ups even if one linked method fails.
- Create a strong password that is unique and difficult to guess. It is always recommended to update your password every 30 days.
- Ensure you turn on two step verification since it adds extra security to your account if your password is compromised.
How Long Do Tiktok Bans Last?
Tiktok bans may last a day to one week, depending on the severity of the violation. Tiktok may restrict you to a view-only experience when your account is banned. Bans dull your moments since you cannot upload videos or comment on other people’s posts.
Besides, avoid violating Tiktok rules, as you may be blocked from creating new accounts in the future due to the severity of the violation. Maintain your account in good working conditions to avoid crossing Tiktok’s guidelines.
What to Do If You Get Banned from Tiktok?
If you get banned from Tiktok, it is essential to submit an appeal to the Tiktok customs team. Below is a procedure on how to submit an appeal if you get banned from Tiktok:
Step 1: Open the notification that indicates your account has been banned and tap Appeal.
Step 2: Strictly follow the given instructions and submit your appeal.
Step 3: Wait for the Tiktok response. It may take a while, but eventually they will reach out to you.
Contact Tiktok Support
You can also contact the official Tiktok customer support using your Tiktok app using these guidelines:
1. Open your Tiktok app and tap on the profile at the bottom part of your screen.
2. Click on the three-line icon and select the “Settings and Privacy” option.
3. Tap on “Report a Problem.”
4. Click the option that states “Account Issue.”
5. Tap on “Add an email.”
6. State the issue that your account is facing in brief and then submit.
7. Wait for the Tiktok Customer Support team to contact you back. This may take a while, but eventually, they will reach out to you.